The fridge has been broken for over a week and a half now and we are starting to get creative on how we store our food. We have a little cooler going and we switch out the ice pack throughout the day and plan our meals well so that we don’t have to worry about storing left overs in the fridge. I was thinking of a recipe that I could make that didn’t have to be refrigerated after and that is healthy so I could still stay on tract. That’s how I came up with my recipe for Gluten-Free Banana Nut Muffins.
This recipe is not only gluten free, but has no added sugar and has tons of fiber and omega-3 fats that are easy to digest. They also have a good amount of protein since I added my favorite protein powder, which is Vital Proteins Organic Whey. You can also make these muffins dairy free if you use a dairy free protein powder. They will last up to two days with out refrigeration or up to a week in the refrigerator. The recipe is super easy and makes your home smell amazing!
Gluten-Free Banana Nut Muffins
Yield: 12 Muffins
Time: 30 Minutes
2 1/2 Bananas
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1.5 oz Melted Coconut Oil
2 1/4 cup Almond Flour
1 scoop Protein Powder
1/4 cup Ground Flax Seeds
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the dry ingredients into a large bowl, this includes the almond flour, protein powder, flax seed, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Mash the bananas in a smaller bowl. Then add the vanilla, eggs and melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the larger bowl and mix thoroughly. Then mix in most of the sliced almonds and leave some out so that you can top off the muffins with sliced almonds.
- Scoop the batter into a lined muffin pan and brush the top of the muffins with coconut oil and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, rotating the pan half way through. Once the muffins are done and out of the oven, Let them sit for about 5 minutes.
Like this recipe? Share this with your friends and family on Facebook and Pinterest. If you try out this recipe take a picture and tag me on Instagram (@baniandchai) and facebook!